A not so exciting first post. I’m still in the United States, just trying to make the best of my summer vacation before I leave for Seoul, South Korea! Well, welcome to my blog life. Things to know about me, I love making lists, I do most of my blogging after 1am, I’m super independent, and I love spicy food.
Why not make a list of all the things that are worrying me?
- I’m going to be gone for a whole year. I’ve been to Korea before, but that was only for 2 months and I missed America like crazy. We’ll see how this goes.
- Seoul is a MUCH bigger city than Jeonju, which is where I was last time. I’ve only spent two days in Seoul before, soooo this will pretty much be a whole new experience.
- No family:( Last summer when I studied abroad in Jeonju, I had a homestay family to take care of me. They helped me adjust and fed me breakfast and dinner. This time around, I’m all on my own, staying in the dorms at Sogang (my school). Not to mention, I’ve never stayed in the dorms before..I commuted to school my freshman year, and this past year I moved in a house off-campus with 6 other people.
- I’ve forgotten a crap-load of Korean. After last summer, I felt like I was on top of the world as for my Korean language knowledge. Being back in the U.S. for a year has definitely taken it’s toll on my Korean language skills.
- What about Spanish? I’m a Spanish minor and I don’t want to lose all of the hard work that I’ve invested in my Spanish-speaking skills.
- I still haven’t bought my plane ticket…………..whoopsies.
Let’s leave my venting at that. I’m sure more worries will come up and I’ll probably end up writing about them. Cool? Cool.